Preconception Guidance Course
For many, chronic health conditions can complicate the process of conception and pregnancy, making it challenging to experience a healthy birth. TBEI is changing that by bringing educational and self-advocacy support to those facing chronic conditions.
About the Course
Our Embrace Preconception Care Program, a partnership with OU-Health Tulsa Family and Community Medicine Department and TBEI, is a six-week guided discussion that empowers participants, desiring to become pregnant in the next year, to gain more control over chronic health conditions, self-advocacy, and self-wellness.
This incentivized, industry-leading program consists of six-weekly guided discussions, designed to aid participants in gaining more control over their health, wellness, and nutritional needs. Other key components include self-advocacy, connections to community resources, and self-wellness. These sessions are open to individuals that may or may not have a chronic health condition.
New sessions begin seasonally, and enrollment is on-going. To learn more about the program and to see if you qualify, click here to fill out a survey.
What Does the Course Cover?
Our goal is to help you become the best version of you as you move toward conception, pregnancy and birth. When you attend our Preconception Guidance Course, you’ll gain valuable tools and understanding in the following areas:
- Self-advocacy techniques to help you champion yourself through your pregnancy
- Education around the value of proper adherence to medical treatment plans
- The latest information on healthy nutrition plans
- Physical wellness and other wellness activities to boost your health
- Tips for navigating healthcare providers and insurance
- Connections to community resources that can improve your health outcomes
Am I Eligible?
To qualify for the Preconception Guidance Course, you must:
- Live in the Tulsa area
- Be of child-bearing age
- Be living with a chronic condition that may affect conception and/or pregnancy
- Plan to conceive within a year of the course
What Is the Cost?
Our course is offered free of charge to those who meet our criteria eligibility. This provides you with a valuable opportunity to improve your chances at a healthy, happy conception and pregnancy experience.